Thursday, July 26, 2012

TILAS6: Ramadan

I know...it's weird for someone like me to say that. But it's made life in Sarajevo so much more bearable. There are far fewer people on the streets during the day, fewer people in the bars at night (which is how I managed to survive a round of beer last night) and as a result, the techno is not booming until the wee hours of the morning, so I can actually sleep at night without my headphones in. Not to mention the fact that it's actually been cool at night for the past week or so, so I can actually use my comforter and not sweat to death (if I was religious, I suppose I'd make a connection to God here, but no dice). Being able to sleep at night and not feeling like I'm going to get trampled in a crowd of people on my way home from 'work' is really doing great things to my mood.

Also, I love the Barhana salad at Barhana. Chicken, tuna, fresh veggies, mozzarella and gorgonzola drizzled with olive oil and balsamic. Nom nom nom.


No comments: